The Graphic Designer is an integral member of the Creative Department, reporting to our Creative Director of Design. The Graphic Designer is primarily responsible for the execution of the design process and creative elements for project activations/events and Requests for Proposal (RFPs), project/event recaps, and other design requirements with a focus on Nike business within On Board Experiential Marketing. Working closely with the Design team, Strategy and Account Teams, the Graphic Designer also participates in developing strategies and creative concepts for all OBE business.
The hands-on nature of event marketing work requires a willingness to step outside the comforts of a traditional design or creative agency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with Directors of Creative & Strategy and Account Teams to create graphic design solutions that meet client objectives in an innovative and creative way.
- Effectively communicate within the design process to ensure optimal performance within budget.
- Create graphic designs to demonstrate concepts in support of strategies developed.
- Make presentations internally to account teams and senior management.
- Coordinate with Account Teams and/or Production Teams during activations to ensure approved creative materials are delivered on a timely basis with consistency and high quality.
- Coordinate with outside resources, including vendors, printers, freelancers and contractors as needed for completion of the design and build out.
- Strive to continually increase the creative level of the department.
- Maintain a broad understanding of how the audience interacts with our designs and make use of this knowledge in the development of new projects.
- Research and prepare material in support of new design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 2-4 years industry/agency experience in graphic design.
- Strong portfolio of creative work and concepts, including graphic design experience.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to articulate graphical solutions to clients.
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tangible project deliverables.
- Ability to multi-task while coordinating multiple projects and resources.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work graphic.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Experience with Adobe Suite, 3D CAD, a plus.