SUMMARY OF POSITION
The IT Manager will be responsible for managing the IT Department, which is tasked with ensuring all OBE offices and personnel have the necessary tools and resources to adequately process data and employ appropriate interoffice and intra-office communication methods and systems, and provide user support, software management and maintenance. This person will also ensure that all data and information assets are adequately protected and secure and includes the overall management of the company's information technology infrastructure supporting our business. Currently, there are 3 office locations, plus many users work remotely 1 or more days/week. This person will report to the VP of Operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
IT Department General: (25%)
- Maintain and update department operations manual.
- Overall management of the company's information technology infrastructure supporting our business
- Establish acquisition and maintenance system for company assets.
- Manage existing contracts and cloud-based applications. Ensure all subscriptions are proper and current.
- Provide input and manage approved IT Department budget.
- Ensure cost efficient and appropriate applications acquisitions through proper comparison/research, negotiation and implementation.
- Implement and manage an appropriate customer ticket system for the technical support function.
- Manage selection process for new systems and applications.
- Source, negotiate and purchase new computer equipment and peripherals based on business needs and according to computer aging/upgrade and maintenance program.
- Manage establishment and access to email accounts, through cloud based and internal systems.
Help Desk/In House Technical Support: (35%)
- Provide in house technical support to all employees, including temporary employees, in the office and in the field as needed. We are a predominantly Mac users, but we have a fair amount of Windows/PC users too.
- New employee computer configurations as requested and approved by management
- Coordinate onboarding of new hires by requesting new equipment, if necessary, new application subscriptions, etc.
- New Employee training on company systems
Hardware/Software Systems : (15%)
- Analyze and provide needs assessment for IT software and network solutions based on current and future company needs.
- Source, negotiate and manage acquisition new computer equipment and software applications as needed.
- Source, negotiate and manage all telephone, cable, and intra office communication systems throughout company.
- Create and maintain incident response plan and establish policies and procedures for plan.
- Maintain all computer, Internet and office machines to ensure they are installed and working properly.
- Perform a full inventory of connected devices and ensure default passwords and settings are changed.
Vendor Management: (15%)
- Source, negotiate and manage all IT vendor partners to deliver the services required to support our business system needs. This includes services such as, Internet, email, file storage, telephones and voicemail, conference room AV, computers and mobile equipment.
- Manage the company wide information security management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected. This position is responsible for assessing current security capabilities, identifying required adjustments and changes, and leading the efforts to implement the actions needed to elevate the company's security capabilities. This person will perform technical risk assessments over: Information security, Privacy, Disaster Recovery, Infrastructure, Emerging Technologies, secure systems development, vendor security, IT regulatory compliance, PCI Compliance.
- Develop new as needed, and maintain and manage the training and dissemination of current security policies and procedures.
- Run vulnerability assessments on all office locations every six (6) months and make required changes.
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage hardware acquisition and installation needs on assigned projects, as needed
- Other project assignments as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration or related field.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in information technology, primarily Help Desk/Tech Support
- Experience in data security and risk assessments, risks management, networking
- Experience working in an agency environment preferred, preferably in advertising or marketing
- Experience managing vendor partnerships, including reading and understanding Master Service Agreements, assisting in negotiating agreement terms, and selecting appropriate vendors or service.
- Proven experience in overseeing the assessment, direction, management and implementation of software and system solutions
- Experience working with network infrastructures, server infrastructures, data communications, and telecommunication systems.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of security principles, procedures, policies and best practices.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills and comfortable speaking in front of small to medium sized groups
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel within an organization
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced creative environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Experience using an IT Support Helpdesk ticket system, such as Service Now or Zendesk
- Strong knowledge of office system and software configurations, best practices, specifically Microsoft Office Products, including Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and Quickbooks
- Knowledge of encryption both at the file and machine level
- Ability to maintain general software inventory ensuring legality and tracking
- Knowledge of Active Directory configuration and replication
- Strong documentation skills, including Visio/diagramming software
- VLAN configuration and maintenance
- IDS configuration and maintenance
- Firewall policies and procedures to include stateful firewall inspection and outbound site blocking (Sonicwall firewall experience preferred)
- Secure Wireless Network Infrastructure rollout and configuration
- Software development software
- Malware software and troubleshooting
- Client Backup systems and local encryption
Other Qualities and Skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Must love supporting non-techy people.
- This position may require travel to all of our offices periodically.
- The job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills, and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice.