Are You a Creative Unicorn with Serious Design Chops?
We need a one-of-a-kind creative designer to join our amazing team at OBE HQ in Sausalito. This Junior Designer is an integral member of the Creative Department, reporting to a dedicated Senior Designer, and receiving guidance from our Creative Director, Design. The Junior Designer is primarily responsible for the execution of creative elements for brand activations + events, new business proposals, project recaps, OBE internal collateral, on-site event installation, and other creative tasks as assigned.
The hands-on nature of event marketing work requires a willingness to observe, adapt, research, explore, execute, revise, and refine creative elements in a fast-paced environment. The superstar that fills this role will embrace interdisciplinary creative projects, multi-task with ease, have an insatiable appetite for design, thrive when working with top notch brands (Activision, Uber, Nike, Google, Airbnb, J.P. Morgan, etc.), and have an excellent attitude that inspires others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- CONCEPTING: Create working drawings, storyboards, layouts, mood boards, and mockups to evaluate and present ideas in initial project phases.
- DESIGN: Create outstanding 2D and 3D designs to demonstrate concepts in support of strategies developed for assigned projects. Efficiently manage presentation documents, digital assets, print assets, and all other creative components on assigned projects.
- PRESENTATION: Present research, concepts and designs with polished and professional visual tools and verbal skills both internally, to project teams, and externally to clients. Understand larger company goals and be an ambassador for the agency at all times.
- INTERNAL COMUNCATION: Effectively communicate within the design process to ensure optimal performance within budget and adherence to all deadlines. Coordinate with internal teams leading up to and during activations to ensure approved creative materials are delivered on a timely basis, always maintaining consistency and quality.
- EXTERNAL COMMUNCATION: Coordinate with outside resources, including vendors, printers, and contractors as needed for completion of the design and build out.
- REFLECT + GROW: Maintain a broad understanding of how the audience interacts with activation designs and make use of this knowledge in the development of new projects. Learn from each new task and apply that knowledge immediately and continually. Seek out inspiration and share insights with internal teams to help educate and inspire.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Environmental Design, Architecture, or similar discipline.
- 1- 2 years industry/agency/internship experience in Design for events + activations, marketing, advertising, or similar.
* Strong portfolio of creative work, including 2D + 3D designs for both digital + physical applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 2D + PRINT: Expertise in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc) is required. Basic knowledge of substrates + print techniques, print file prep, proofs, and print standards is ideal.
- 3D + FAB: Skills in Sketchup, Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, Studio 3D Max, Cinema 4D, or similar exposure to 3D modeling software is ideal. Basic knowledge of materials + fabrication processes is preferred.
- PRESENTATION: Keynote, Powerpoint, Google Docs/Slides, etc.
- ADMIN: Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, etc.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Articulate design solutions to team members and clients effectively.
- Translate strategic vision into tangible project design deliverables that meet project needs and garner approvals.
- Multi-task while coordinating multiple projects + resources.
- Embody a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
- Make smart decisions in accordance with company policies + procedures.
- Be a team player who collaborates easily + brings creative momentum to projects.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results