Expeditor (Busser, Runner, Barback)
Do you share Hornblower’s passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re all about customer service and thrive on teams where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, this may be the place for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
Hornblower New York is seeking experienced Expeditors to join our New York City Team!
Expeditors are responsible for setting tables, clearing tables and restocking plates for servers; assisting servers; delivering high quality customer service, and completing side work while maintaining health code standards.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, friendly, service-minded individuals with a strong commitment to absolute guest satisfaction.
Expeditors job requirements include:
- Ability to full stock all necessary stations with inventory
- Ability to present a clean, well-organized floor
- Ability to organize plates and utensils on tables and in the kitchen
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to reset all dirty tables within a timely manner of the Guest departure
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, wipe, push, pull and lift items up to 50+ pounds
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Previous restaurant/banquet experience required
This is a great opportunity for those interested in advancing their career in the hospitality industry. Day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts are available. We are a quality hospitality organization that serves the public year round. Weekends and holidays may be required.
Pre-employment and random drug testing is required as mandated by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Pre Employment Background Checks and Drug Screening required of all positions
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 32 years. The San Francisco-based organization operates more than 60 vessels in northern California, southern California, and New York. In addition, Hornblower operates two ferry service concessions for the National Park Service: Alcatraz Cruises and Statue Cruises, as well as boat service to the Niagara Falls Gorge in Canada.
Hornblower Cruises & Events is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.