For candidates currently completing their final year of graduate school, FSG will be offering flexible start dates between June and September 2017. Please note there is no specific application deadline. Rather, we will review applications on a rolling basis and will continue to accept new applications until the positions have been filled.
Senior Consultants are integral members of our consulting team and work on client projects across a variety of social issues including: economic development, education, environmental issues, global development, global health, and US health.
FSG is a small firm, so Senior Consultants are expected to participate in all aspects of the firm’s work including the following:
- Contribute to and independently lead modules of client work as a team member by:
- Conducting and synthesizing research in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner and thinking proactively about ways to improve research efforts
- Designing surveys and interview guides that are efficient and effective
- Independently performing rigorous and accurate qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Translating analyses into thoughtful, data-based insights and client recommendations
- Communicating viewpoints and ideas in articulate, compelling, and creative ways
- Advance the intellectual capital of the firm and identify ways to help FSG meet its mission to reimagine social change
- Take an active role in developing FSG’s internal culture and infrastructure
- Support the professional development of team members
- Build and maintain client relationships; support efforts to develop new business by contributing to proposal development and writing
- 4 – 6 years of strategy consulting experience or other relevant work experience (e.g., roles that require rigorous research, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and strategic planning)
- Final year graduate student (e.g., MBA, MPP, or MPA or other relevant graduate degree)
- Extensive experience with quantitative and qualitative research
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to translate analyses into insights
- Significant experience in a consultative role (e.g., working for a consulting firm, as an independent consultant, or as an internal consultant); ability to operate in a fast-paced, client services environment
- Passion for social change and demonstrated commitment to working in the social sector
- Experience considering equity and inclusion strongly preferred; work with marginalized communities is a plus
- Strong interest in one or more of FSG’s strategies for social change
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills; presentation and facilitation experience strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong, self-directed project management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 20-30% of the time (travel requirement varies by project)
Senior Consultant positions are available in our Boston, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, DC offices. This is a full-time role. Salary is competitive for position and sector; it also includes a generous benefits package. As part of those benefits, FSG offers 100% paid health insurance for its full-time, US employees as well as disability and life insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for our US offices. In addition, we are unable to support the OPT Training Visa, as this visa will eventually require sponsorship.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter (indicating office preference) and your resume via our online application system by clicking the "Apply for this Position" button below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.