Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website , connect with us on LinkedIn , or follow us on Twitter .
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our team.
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of information technology, business processes, and industry requirements.
- Apply extensive knowledge of the customer's business and industry to develop project specifications for new or existing systems.
- Analyze business and user needs, documents requirements and translates into proper system requirements specifications using computer-based workflow analysis and requirements tools to study work procedures, information flows and production methods.
- Provide advice on methods to improve business processes.
- Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Perform, or may direct, document development/preparation at various stages of a project life cycle (e.g., planning through implementation) to detail analysis results and solution recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with the standards and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
- 3+ years of technical experience in applications software development projects, 2+ years as a business analyst. .
- Ability to interface with clients and gather requirements and facilitate meetings
- Experience with requirements management tool (ie Caliber RM, Rational)
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Experience with Caliber RM or TFS
- Experience with Army Recruiting and/or Military
- Security + Certified
- Caliber RM would be a plus, site requirement is due to the interaction required with the primary customer, several on site meetings per week.
Education: Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
Location: Fort Knox, KY
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.