Information Security Analyst IV/V
|# of openings:||1|
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
This position develops and implements security controls, formulates operational risk mitigations, and manages our security awareness program. The successful candidate will research, evaluate and recommend new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduce them to the enterprise in alignment with our IT security strategy; prepare security reports, and audit information system security and access logs. This position’s primary responsibility will be to maintain and improve InfoSec compliance with applicable NIST and ISO standards, while working to ensure a smooth and efficient, business compatible, Information Technology Architecture.
• Ensure the integrity, protection, and availability of networks, information systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, monitoring of InfoSec tools and applications, and implementing a strategy of continuous improvement to our enterprise security capabilities.
• Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for the organization, coordinates with other internal departments and government agencies to record, report, and mitigate incidents.
• Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection and other automated information security systems to identify and remediate security issues.
• Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
• Evaluate firewall / network change requests and assess organizational risk, and provide recommendations, and ensure compliance with ITAR, NIST 800, and ISO 27001/2 standards.
• Communicate alerts regarding intrusions and compromises to the network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
• Assists with implementation of security counter-measures and mitigating controls.
• Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
• Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Review and develop a plan for remediation of Independent Verifications and Validations Reports.
• Perform reviews of existing and future technologies and standards and advise the Senior Management of the implications that such technologies and standard may have on Customer IT security.
• Track Security related activities and projects to ensure a timely delivered result and improve efficiency.
• Serve as a liaison between multiple internal and customer divisions.
• Formulate operational procedures for inter-divisional communications.
• Collaborate with Change, Problem, and Release Management for security impacts to the environment.
• Review new security solutions designs and specifications to validate they are ready for existing security operations environment.
• Conduct technical policy and contract reviews as requested and advise the Senior Management accordingly.
• Provide an accounting of hardware and support life-cycle to both Senior Management and the Customer of the existing IT infrastructure. This includes the following list of technologies:
o Devices: Firewalls, NIDS, Proxy.
o Applications: Antivirus, Content Filtering, HIDS, SIEM Logging
• Remain current with trends in security technologies, processes, and methods that can improve the Customer IT infrastructure security posture, the efficiency and effectiveness of security operations, and the quality of security services provided and, shall advise Customer accordingly.
• Provide security upgrade recommendations to Senior Management. Present recommendations to CISO as needed.
• Identify applications and operating systems machine data and logs for SIEM analysis.
• Oversee the review design, installation, management and implementation of requested changes to the following components of the IT security infrastructure in accordance with Customer policy, DHS Enterprise Architecture guideline, and other Federal guidelines such as NIST & DFAR controls/compliance:
o Host Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
o Network Intrusion Detection/Prevention System
o VPN Concentrators
o Web Content Filtering
o Malware (Anti-virus/Anti-spyware)
Must possess appropriate current Information Security / Information Assurance certification to be considered for employment, e.g., CISSP-ISSAP, Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP).
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or 4+ years of experience in network, host, data and/or application security in multiple operating system environments. Experience with security tools and architecture to include advising on security related changes to them. Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques. A broad range of knowledge and experience with Security and System Architecture. Understanding of, and experience applying industry security policies, regulations and guidelines such as DFARS, NIST, FISMA, SANs top 20 controls, etc. Knowledge of ports, protocols, and the OSI Model. Knowledge of key security capabilities such as e-forensics, logging/SIEM, risk management, PKI, vulnerability management, C&A, continuous monitoring, disaster recovery, network and endpoint security and experience conducting analysis and providing recommendations on new or existing security capabilities. Experience with the Federal government is helpful but not required. Good communication and presentation skills at all organization levels.
Aurora Flight Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Back to Search Results